Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Great storytelling! The author was funny and fantastic with words. I'm sure his background as a filmmaker helped him a lot in writing this highly-entertaining debut novel. This, considering that he was writing about a not-so-novel theme (I'm sure you've seen or heard about those blockbuster summer movies and their equally blockbuster sequels).

Riggs' writing was able to evoke a myriad of feelings from me. There were scary, spine-chilling moments, laugh-out-loud moments, even weepy moments (those grandpa scenes and that THIS IS WHY photo on page 227 broke my heart and tear ducts). Truly a book that can be read in one sitting.

However, the story of Jacob and the rest of Miss Peregrine's peculiar children ends for me. I think Riggs has tackled everything exciting there is to tackle with this book. I'm really not so sure about a sequel. Let's see, I suppose.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment