Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: Saturnalia


Saturnalia
Saturnalia by John Maddox Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



In Saturnalia , SPQR series hero Decius Caecilius Metellus the Younger goes back to Rome to investigate his kinsman's murder. While not as hilarious and as comic as the previous book in the series, I find Saturnalia to be better written and its plot more well-developed. John Maddox Roberts is truly a great storyteller.

Saturnalia has all the elements of an entertaining read: suspense, horror, action, drama (that last bit with Decius shouting at Jupiter in the rain after a fight was thoroughly amusing), the works. Though the ending was a little bit abrupt, it left me wanting for more. Am actually restraining myself from downloading Nobody Loves A Centurion at this very moment!

Good work JMR! Hope you're finished writing the 14th book in the series because at the rate I'm going, I might be able to catch up with you :D



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment